I've been a bit quiet the past week, so here's a very random top ten from my just-completed trip to North America (New Jersey/New York and Toronto). In no particular order, except for number one:
- My sister's wedding -- Congratulations and Mazel Tov to Allison and Chris!
- The skeleton of the new Daniel Libeskind extension to the Royal Ontario Museum (unfortunately the plans to build a Libeskind addition to the V&A Museum across the road from my office have been scuppered).
- The Mekons, "Wild and Blue": my favorite obscure-ish rock'n'roll band in the whole world. But this is a country song, from Curse of the Mekons, one of the few rock records about the end of the Cold War.
- Hearing my old friend Dennis Blackwell sing.
- Travel Karma: a free upgrade for one leg of my trip, and nearly not making it back to London on the return flight.
- Pushing closer to new results from B2K. (More info when we're allowed to talk about it!)
- Visiting the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics, one of the best places to be an astrophysics postdoc (although I'm biased, since I was there 1993-96).
- New designs for The High Line by Diller and Scofidio, on display at the new Museum of Modern Art, New York.
- New York blogger/geek dinner with Dave Winer, Scoble, Steve Rubel, and lots of others off the A-list but just as cool (photos here).
- General Tso's Chicken from Star of China in Fort Lee, New Jersey.